The Women’s Center invites faculty and staff to submit nominations for the following awards that honor the engagement, contributions, and leadership of University women.
- Civil Service/Bargaining Unit (CSBU) Staff Award: This award recognizes a CSBU staff member who has made outstanding contributions to improve the work environment for CSBU employees at the University of Minnesota ($1500 for professional development). This award is funded by the Women’s Center and Office of Human Resources.
- Distinguished Women Scholar (DWS) Award: Two awards of $5,000. Info will follow soon. Nominations will be due on Monday, May 30th, 2011. These awards are funded by Faculty and Academic Affairs.
- Mullen-Spector-Truax Leadership for Women Award: This annual award recognizes a woman staff or faculty member who has made outstanding contributions to women’s leadership development at the University of Minnesota. The award ($1500 for professional development), funded by the Mullen/Spector/Truax Endowment for Women’s Leadership Development and the Women’s Center, is named for these women (Pat Mullen, Janet Spector, and Anne Truax) whose work on behalf of University women spanned many years.
- Sharon Doherty Woman Student Leader Award: Two awards (fees and travel to national women student leadership conference) will be given to the recipient to be used in support of attendance at a national leadership conference. Given to a female graduate or undergraduate student on the University’s Twin Cities campus who has contributed outstanding volunteer service regarding women’s issues on campus or in the broader community. This award is funded by the Women’s Center. Award deadline has been extended to Friday, April 8th, 2011.
- See nomination directions for each award at http://www.umn.edu/women/awards.html
- E-mail Nominations to: Women’s Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. Attn: Awards Committee. (Except DWS).
- Any University person or group may submit one or more nominations. Individuals may also self-nominate for all of the awards.
- Nomination materials must be received by 4:30 PM, Friday, April 22, 2011 (unless otherwise noted).
Questions about the awards can be directed to Women’s Center, Office for Equity and Diversity, University of Minnesota, 612-625-9837 or email@example.com